LLC strives to reduce the time frame of the selection of the reviewers and the initial screening of the submissions. In addition, the peer review procedure is described in details. Moreover, we encourage authors to follow the author’s guidelines and the LLC template. Proper submission would facilitate the entire process.
LLC accepts research articles and literature reviews in the area of Linguistics, Literature, and Culture sciences.
- All articles must be in English language.
- Recommended article length is 7-20 pages.
- Authors should submit their manuscripts and the completed submission form via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.
- The corresponding author would receive a confirmation for the submission within 12 hours.
LLC Peer Review Procedure
LLC editorial board is mainly consisted of authors who have already published their papers in the journal.
Every member of the editorial board has his or her own profile, which includes their academic domain, academic affiliation, number of review reports conducted for LLC, and the month or year of joining the LLC editorial board. At LLC we maintain a list of active reviewers only, who are in regular communication with the editorial office. We would also like to thank our former members who have contributed significantly to the development of the journal.
With the permanent support of our academic editors and feedback from the LLC reviewers, we have succeeded in including these phases in a decent timeframe.
LLC Reviewers are instructed not to estimate the potential impact of a paper in a given field nor its novelty. These subjective judgments can delay the publication of a work, which later proves to be of major significance. At LLC, we believe that the publication readership is in the most suitable position to determine what is of interest to them.
LLC promotes a rigorous peer review procedure on the basis of scientific validity and the technical quality of the paper. Every single paper submitted to the LLC undergoes a rigorous peer review procedure by at least two LLC reviewers. Author-suggested reviewers are also acceptable but only as additional review reports.
Suggested review form
- After the submission, the corresponding author is asked to clarify that the paper has not been published elsewhere; to contact the editorial office using his/her institutional email address and confirm that he/she had thoroughly revised and agreed with the LLC publication policies.
- The manuscript is screened for basic technical requirements.
- The corresponding author receives a confirmation E-mail, informing him/her whether or not the manuscript has been properly structured.
- Even though the authors are responsible for potential plagiarized content, the editorial office reserves the right to scan the content of the paper for plagiarism.
- The editorial office reserves the right to return to authors, without peer-review, improperly formatted manuscripts or non-authorized submissions.
- The manuscript undergoes initial screening by the associate editor, including comments on its structure and the language aspect, and the managing editor identifies potential reviewers. If necessary, proofreading of the content may be requested from the author(s). The editorial office may offer to the authors its professional proofreading services. However, the author(s) is always informed that using these services is not obligatory. However, the author(s) have to provide a final version without grammar or punctuation errors.
- LLC reviewers for the manuscript are assigned.
- The identity of the reviewers is anonymous, except for those who are willing to disclose their identity under the “open review” process.
- The editorial office decides whether review reports from additional experts are needed or the review reports are sufficient for a decision. Author-suggested reviewers are also acceptable. However, the members of the editorial office are instructed of being cautious when relying their decisions on these review reports.
- All of the reviewers are familiar with the LLC peer review policy. Their awareness of the necessity of a prompt response on whether or not they are able to conduct a review in a given moment is noted in the invitation.
- Every single paper submitted to the LLC undergoes a rigorous peer review procedure by at least two LLC reviewers.
- When a sufficient number of review reports are received, the managing editor and editor-in-chief make the final decision. The time of the peer-review completion depends on many circumstances. Even though we strive to provide peer review in a decent timeframe, the fast publication cannot be guaranteed.
There are several types of decision possible. They include:
– Accept the manuscript as submitted;
– Accept it with minor revision;
– Accept it with major revision; and
– Reject the manuscript because it does not meet the journal criteria.
LLC is a peer reviewed journal. Before October 2019, all submissions underwent a single peer review process. However, starting from October 2019, we have introduced the double blind peer review process, where the reviewers of the paper don’t get to know the identity of the authors, and vice versa.
In order to enhance transparency of the peer review process, LLC, starting from 2019, has introduced an “open review procedure”.
The result of the “open review” initiative is to publicly announce the review report of the accepted paper, along with its full content. In this regard, author’s approval has a key role to play in the development of this process.
As of September 2019, review history is available for every published paper. It includes the contact information of the corresponding author, date of publication, the number of review reports received, and the names of the reviewers. The latter only if they decided to reveal their names.
Furthermore, we hereby encourage all reviewers to reveal their names on the LLC evaluation form, and approve that their names can be made available on the LLC`s website.
Plagiarism is not acceptable in the LLC submissions and publications. After the submission, authors are requested to declare the originality of their work by properly citing, re-using, or copying previous publications. If plagiarism is detected during the peer review process, the manuscript would be rejected. If plagiarism is detected after publication, the publisher has the right to issue an erratum/corrigendum or retract of the paper. The editorial office makes use of plagiarism checker software (AntiPlagiarism.NET) to confirm the originality of submitted papers.
Conflict of Interest
Authors, reviewers, or editorial members have to disclose every situation or connection, which could potentially affect the impartial review and publication procedure by informing the Managing Editor.
Article Processing Charges
LLC is a self-sustained journal. Up to date, the publisher did not receive any grant or funding for publication. The low-level amount of article processing charges, APC serves only for covering the publication costs.
Accepted papers are assessed an Article Processing Charge of 97 Euros (or USD equivalent). The Article Processing Charge supports operating costs, review management, website maintenance, and archiving.
Electronic copies can be downloaded without charge. Printed copies are available at 20 Euros (26 USD) per copy.
The Article Processing Charge does not include professional editing or proofreading which is available at an additional cost. If necessary, proofreading of the content may be requested from the author(s). The editorial office may offer to the authors its professional proofreading services. However, the author(s) is always informed that using these services is not obligatory. However, the author(s) have to provide a final version without grammar or punctuation errors.
We consider the language aspect of the papers of particular relevance. Therefore, a native language speaker assesses the language aspect of each paper. If decided proofreading is mandatory the editorial office may recommend its own proofreading services. However, authors are always informed that they are not obliged to use the suggested services but can choose other ones.
Permanency of Content
As of December 2017, all articles published receive a DOI and are permanently published.
As of May 2016, LLC uses Portico as an archiving solution. Portico is among the largest community-supported digital archives in the world. Working with libraries and publishers, they preserve e-journals, e-books, and other electronic scholarly content to ensure researchers and students will have access to it in the future.
Moreover, along with the online content, every LLC edition appears in the print version. It also represents a preservation solution.
Use this link to pay article processing charges for papers accepted for publication.