LLC strives to reduce the timeframe of the selection of a reviewer and the initial screening of the submissions. In addition, the peer review procedure is described in details. Moreover, we encourage authors to follow the author’s guidelines and the LLC template . Proper submission would facilitate the entire process.
LLC accepts research articles and literature reviews in the area of pedagogy and educational sciences.
Please use our article template and stick to the following standards when submitting your paper.
• All articles must be in English language.
• Recommended article length is 7-20 pages.
• Authors should submit their manuscripts via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com .
• The corresponding author would receive a confirmation for the submission within 12 hours.
LLC Peer Review Procedure
LLC is striving to decrease the time for the initial screening of the submitted papers and selection of a reviewer. With the permanent support of our academic editors and feedback from the LLC reviewers, we have succeeded in including these phases in a decent timeframe.
LLC Reviewers are instructed not to estimate the potential impact of a paper in a given field nor its novelty. These subjective judgments can delay the publication of a work, which later proves to be of major significance. At LLC, we believe that the publication readership is in the most suitable position to determine what is of interest to them.
LLC promotes a rigorous peer review procedure on the basis of scientific validity and the technical quality of the paper. Every submitted paper is reviewed by at least 2 editor-suggested reviewers. However, the academic editor is allowed to ask for additional review reports from author-suggested reviewers.
Suggested review form
1. After the submission, the corresponding author is asked to clarify that the paper has not been published elsewhere; to contact the editorial office using his/her institutional email address and confirm that he/she had thoroughly revised and agreed with the LLC publication policies.
2. The manuscript is screened for basic technical requirements.
3. The corresponding author receives a confirmation E-mail, informing him/her whether or not the manuscript has been properly structured.
4. Even though the authors are responsible for potential plagiarized content, the editorial office reserves the right to scan the content of the paper for plagiarism.
5. The editorial office reserves the right to return to authors, without peer-review, improperly formatted manuscripts or non-authorized submissions.
6. The managing editor identifies potential academic editors and reviewers for the submission process.
7. Reviewers assigned are asked to communicate with the editorial office and evaluate the manuscript only on a basis of objective criteria, such as scientific soundness of the content. Subtle determinations (interest, novelty, or impact) are not acceptable at the LLC peer review process.
8. The identity of the reviewers is anonymous, except for those who are willing to disclose their identity under the “open review” process.
9. The academic editor decides whether reviews from additional experts are needed or the review reports are sufficient for a decision. Author-suggested reviewers are also acceptable but only as additional review reports.
10. All of the reviewers are familiar with the LLC peer review policy.
11. Every single paper submitted to the LLC undergoes a rigorous peer review procedure by at least two editor-suggested reviewers.
12. When the reports are received, the academic editor and the editorial office make the final decision. The time of the peer review completion depends on many circumstances. Even though we strive to provide peer review in a decent timeframe, fast publication cannot be guaranteed.
There are several types of decision possible. They include:
– Accept the manuscript as submitted;
– Accept it with minor revision;
– Accept it with major revision; and
– Reject the manuscript because it does not meet the journal criteria.
LLC is a peer-reviewed journal and all the papers submitted undergo a single blind peer review process. The latter means that reviewers know the identity of the authors, but authors do not necessarily know the reviewer’s identity.
However, in order to enhance transparency of the peer review process, LLC starting from 2019, as a pioneer among other journals, has introduced an “open review procedure”.
The result of the “open review” initiative is to publicly announce the review report of the accepted paper, along with its full content. In this regard, author’s approval has a key role to play in the development of this process.
Furthermore, we encourage the reviewers of the papers and the academic editors to reveal their names on the LLC evaluation form and approve that their names can be made available on the LLC`s website.
All LLC articles are published under the Creative Commons Attribution License. With this license, authors retain copyright to their manuscript, but allow any user to share, copy, distribute, transmit, adapt, and make commercial use of the work without needing to provide additional permission, provided appropriate attribution is made to the original author or source. However, first publication rights are granted to the publisher. The journal/publisher is not responsible for subsequent usage of the work. It is the author’s responsibility to bring an infringement action if so desired by the author.
Plagiarism is not acceptable in the LLC submissions and publications. After the submission, authors are requested to declare the originality of their work by properly citing, re-using, or copying previous publications. If plagiarism is detected during the peer review process, the manuscript would be rejected. If plagiarism is detected after publication, the publisher has the right to issue an erratum/corrigendum or retract of the paper. The editorial office makes use of plagiarism checker software (AntiPlagiarism.NET) to confirm the originality of submitted papers.
As of May 2016, LLC uses Portico as an archiving solution. Portico is among the largest community-supported digital archives in the world. Working with libraries and publishers, they preserve e-journals, e-books, and other electronic scholarly content to ensure researchers and students have access to it in the future.
Moreover, along the online content, every LLC edition appears in print version. It also represents a preservation solution. Many hard copies have already been disseminated to Universities and individuals around the world.
LLC Ethics Committee
This committee is consisted of the LLC Managing Editor, Editor-in-Chief, and associate editors. It is chaired by the Managing Editor. Its primary role is to cope with the complaints received by the editorial office.
Within 7 days of a reception, the LLC Managing Editor shall forward the complaint to all the committee members and other interested parties.
The committee members shall discuss the validity of the complaint and express their opinion within two (2) weeks of its reception.
If necessary, the Managing Editor will include LLC reviewers in the process to obtain their opinion. Opinions from the advisory editors may also be required.
Within four (4) weeks from the reception, final decision on the complaint will be made and sent to the parties. This timeframe might be prolonged in specific cases.
Conflict of Interest
Authors, reviewers, or editorial members have to disclose every situation or connection, which could potentially affect the impartial review and publication procedure by informing the Managing Editor.
If the paper is accepted for publication, author(s) will be asked to pay 97 Euros as article publication fee, in order to defray the operating costs such as review management, website maintenance and archiving, printing hard copies and delivery.
Author(s) will be entitled to one printed copy per author free-of-charge, but not more than two copies per paper. Authors can also get additional copies of the printed journal by paying 20 EUR for each additional copy.